Veterinary Specialty Care Delivered on a Referral Basis
Berks Animal Emergency and Referral Center provides the medical and surgical care for your dogs and cats a regular vet office is not equipped to do. We do not provide general preventive care for our pet, instead we partner with you and your pet’s family veterinarian to provide the best health care possible.
There are many reasons to seek a referral to a specialist like us:
- A need for additional expertise or a second opinion
- A need for additional equipment or services to provide further diagnostic testing or care
- An inconclusive diagnosis
- An unresolved or worsening medical condition
- A need for round-the-clock medical supervision
It is not mandatory to receive a written referral from your pet’s primary veterinarian. However, your pet’s family veterinarian often will refer you to us to provide advanced diagnostics and treatments. We take on patients that can benefit from the following types of services:
- Behavior. We help with issues like bad manners, and aggressiveness.
- Cardiology. We diagnose and treat heart arrhythmias and heart murmurs.
- Surgical. We repair fractures, do ACL surgery, and perform tumor removal.
- Ultrasound. We utilize digital internal imagery.
All of our referral specialty consultations are focused on providing the best possible health care for your pet. A rapid and accurate diagnosis ensures your pet will receive targeted treatment for their condition and obtain the best possible treatment results. You can expect the following from our referral service:
- Focused discussion with you and your pet to collect a comprehensive patient history and review your pet’s medical record, including previous test results, from their family veterinarian.
- A thorough physical examination of your pet.
- Diagnostic or treatment options will be reviewed with you for your approval.
- Appropriate testing or therapy will be scheduled and administered.
- Results, care, and prognosis will be communicated directly to you, as well as your pet’s primary veterinarian.