Peanut Butter and Xylitol Danger for Pets

dog licking peanut butter dangers of xylitol

If you’ve wondered how to give your pet their medication, and reached for a jar of peanut butter, you’re not alone. Peanut butter is commonly used among pet owners to get pets to eat their meds -both because of its stickiness and its yumminess!

But sadly, some brands of peanut butter contain a substance that can kill your dog. Xylitol is a sugar substitute being used more often in peanut butter and in many other household products that you might not even know about. 

Berks Animal Emergency and Referral Center believes one of our jobs is to raise awareness of potential hazards to your pet. Hopefully giving you some information on what Xylitol is and where it is used can help you keep your pets safe at home.  

Continue…