Advanced Veterinary Cardiology Care for Your Pet
Berks Animal Emergency and Referral Center provides advanced pet cardiac diagnostics and treatments for pets on a referral basis. Our pet cardiology referrals appointments are primarily seen by Dr. Scott Fausel who has taken a special interest in pet cardiology for more than 15 years. Emergency veterinary cardiology services can also be performed 24 hours a day by our skilled emergency room veterinarians.
Typical Pet Cardiac Conditions
Your pet may require a cardiac referral for a wide variety of reasons. We have the expertise and an advanced medical setting to rapidly and accurately assess your pet’s heart condition. A few of our typical referral cases include:
- Congenital cardiac disease
- Heart murmur
- Congestive heart failure
- Enlarged heart
What to Expect at Your Pet’s Cardiac Referral Appointment
Cardiology referral services at BAERC include:
- A consultation with you to collect a complete pet history and to review previous findings from your pet’s primary care veterinarian.
- A thorough physical examination will be performed.
- Appropriate test or treatment recommendations will be outlined for your approval, and may include:
- Echocardiography (EKG)
- Thoracic radiography
- Blood testing
- Results, care, and prognosis will be communicated directly with you. Additionally, we will communicate the outcome with your pet’s primary care veterinarian, including a written report.
We understand the stress of an ailing pet, and we are focused on providing compassionate and specialized care for your pet. Please contact us to schedule an appointment. We are accepting new clients, and welcome the opportunity to become a member of your pet’s health care team.